For more than 40 years, AAFE has targeted on advancing the rights of Asian People and all of those in want by way of advocacy and entry in civil rights, to offer immigration assistance, social providers, reasonably priced housing; to advertise financial improvement; to empower its communities via analysis and publishing that embody important points and considerations; and to foster understanding and unity amongst numerous communities via coalitions and collaborations.
THE COMMUNITIES AAFE SERVES
AAFE offers providers to all residents who reside within the 5 boroughs of New York City. Particularly, AAFE targets the over one-million Asian residents of the town, representing greater than 13% of New York’s complete population. AAFE maintains workplaces in areas of the town with notably giant Asian populations – including Chinatown and the Lower East Aspect in Manhattan; and Flushing and Jackson Heights in Queens.
Poised for transformational change and to continue building the suitable real property portfolio, belongings and group for an evolving, rising and numerous organization, AAFE seeks a seasoned, hands-on Director of Real Estate Development with vital expertise underwriting reasonably priced housing and in securing federal, state and native financing (choice will probably be given to applicants who have expertise in the New York State and local real property and financing packages). The profitable candidate will lead public/personal partnerships and sophisticated reasonably priced housing tasks from the initiation part via to completion. He/she is going to design, implement and handle an in depth actual property portfolio and belongings (including administration of underwriting and funding relationships, processes and sources) and leading a high-performing group of real property and banking professionals chargeable for a number of packages and providers. These embrace: reasonably priced housing and business improvement tasks, property administration and tenant providers and housing coverage and advocacy. He/she is going to work with AAFE’s two Co-Government Administrators and Board of Administrators, senior leadership staff and real property workforce to drive the organization’s mission, vision, values and culture to implement formidable strategic objectives and new business models to maximize AAFE’s influence in the communities it serves. As AAFE’s new, skilled, Director of Real Estate, he/she is going to work with the Co-Government Administrators, senior management group and real property improvement employees , to foster a robust, unified organization characterized by mission-driven investments in individuals and place; one that requires collegiality and cross-functional teamwork.
Asian People for Equality (AAFE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of Asian People and all of those in want. Founded in 1974 to advocate for equal rights, AAFE has reworked prior to now 4 many years to turn out to be one of New York City’s preeminent housing, social service, and group improvement organizations. AAFE is dedicated to preserving housing all through New York City and to providing new alternatives for the town’s numerous immigrant communities. AAFE organizes its key actions into several strains of business: Homeownership Promotion, Preservation and Lending; Small Business Promotion, Development and Lending; Real Estate Development; Asset/Property Management and Group Constructing, Planning and Organizing.
AAFE has belongings of roughly $124 million and a $16 million annual operating price range; yearly grant-making is at present in the $2.9 million range. Complete AAFE employees equals 140 professionals, situated in workplaces: in Chinatown and the Decrease East Aspect, Flushing, Queens and Jackson Heights, Queens. The Director of Real Estate Development might be based mostly in AAFE’s headquarters at 2 Allen St. in Chinatown, New York Metropolis. He/she is going to journey as crucial and be a vibrant and recognized chief, overseeing AAFE’s real property portfolio, belongings and employees based mostly in a number of places.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Real Estate Management: Present day-to-day leadership for the management and operations of AAFE’s complete portfolio, consisting of real estate improvement, rehabilitation and asset administration. The Director of Real Estate Development will apply his/her vital experience in underwriting reasonably priced housing and in securing federal, state and native financing, preferably in New York State, City and its Boroughs. He/she is going to lead public/personal partnerships and sophisticated reasonably priced housing tasks from the initiation part by way of to completion. He/she is going to design, implement and handle an in depth real estate portfolio and belongings (together with overseeing underwriting and funding relationships, processes and sources) and main a high-performing workforce of real property and banking professionals answerable for a number of packages and providers, including: reasonably priced housing and business improvement tasks, property management and tenant providers and housing policy and advocacy. He/she is going to advance AAFE’s mission of strengthening the communities AAFE serves by way of reasonably priced housing, group and business developments. He/she is going to present enter and leadership to promote AAFE’s strategic mission, imaginative and prescient and values.
- In depth Real Estate Information: Reporting to and serving as a strategic associate to AAFE’s Co-Government Directors and its Board and as a member of the Senior Management Group, the Director of Real Estate Development will lead initial planning, financing and funding of actual property tasks by means of to the top of development, including vacant and occupied constructing rehabilitation, new development, multi- household rental, mixed-use buildings and group amenities. He/she is going to provide counsel to AAFE management on managing and growing AAFE’s real estate portfolio, belongings and performance and making certain full compliance with all vital federal, state and city laws and requirements.
- Technique and Implementation: Associate with AAFE leadership to create and implement the brand new strategic vision and path for AAFE’s present and future actual estate portfolio and belongings. The Director of Real Estate Development will apply his/her information, expertise and experience in figuring out and overseeing key public/personal partnerships for AAFE. So as to add value to this core half of AAFE’s enterprise, he/she is going to direct all employees devoted to real property improvement and manage architects, engineers, consultants, contractors and tenants throughout pre-development by means of to the top of challenge development. He/she may even actively handle RE undertaking closings, working with attorneys, title corporations, banks, metropolis businesses and any others concerned in bringing tasks to successful completion.
- Property Administration: Direct the property management office to transition housing improvement tasks to the asset administration workforce, working with the advertising group on tenant selection for vacant housing models. Drive analysis of potential improvement sites for land-use, website capability, target populations, program parts and financial feasibility. The Director of Real Estate Development will write funding proposals for housing and group improvement tasks.
- Real Estate Administration: Guarantee accurate and up-to-date record-keeping for real estate undertaking financing, from pre-development financing, development part requisitions, post-completion permanent conversion, and prepare data and knowledge for reporting to the Co-Government Directors, the Board and senior employees as wanted.
- Real Estate Portfolio Communication: Create, advocate and implement agendas and maintain minutes for Board Real Estate Committee conferences and supply on-going updates relating to AAFE’s actual property portfolio and belongings to the Co-Government Administrators and the Board as vital. Underneath the path of the Co-Government Administrators and Board, characterize AAFE as a corporation and all of its key actual property tasks, holdings and belongings at public conferences and in interactions with associate businesses and financing establishments.
- Teaching: Coach, counsel, and be a sounding board to all AAFE staff who work on actual property tasks. Provide an effective help system for employees to share their considerations and to seek recommendation on fixing problems..
- Bodily Setting: Work intently with the Co-Government Directors and the Director of HR to ensure that the bodily work surroundings reinforces probably the most up-to-date approaches for fostering increased communication and collaboration among all AAFE employees situated in multiple places. Coordinate and contribute to company-wide occasions, adding value and substance as a senior member of AAFE’s employees.
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
The Director of REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT could have or be:
1) Superior administration and supervisory experience in a highly collaborative and dynamic organization, directing or main a posh and complicated real property improvement strategy including: funding and financing, management of RE staff and implementation of objectives and motion plans with demonstrated results. A dedication to ensuring best-in-class actual property tasks, packages and providers. Stays abreast of altering authorities laws, funding and coverage necessities. AAFE is in search of a manager who has led professional groups of totally different sizes and will search to mentor and develop his/her employees.
2) Deep expertise with real estate venture coordination from the pre-development stage, to securing funding and financing, to mortgage closing and administration of all development phases via to the transition of the undertaking to asset management. Information of and experience with New York State, City and local actual property tasks and packages essential. Capable of handle a number of RE tasks with vastly totally different milestones, timetables, budgets and objectives. Arms-on expertise on the event aspect of actual property. A robust choice for candidates with expertise working with government businesses and personal housing financing businesses.. Expertise working for a developer and completing a real property undertaking from beginning to end, with development and advisor administration roles.
3) Robust information and expertise in all areas of actual estate tasks that require refined underwriting and financing from federal, state and native businesses, monetary institutions and leaders in both private and non-private organizations. Experience should embrace dealing with a number of, complicated real estate transactions and negotiations with banks, tax credit syndicators, federal, state and native authorities businesses (especially in New York Metropolis and New York State), regulators and stakeholders, and making certain that every venture is aligned with AAFE’s general mission, imaginative and prescient and strategic objectives. He/she ought to have in depth experience with development administration, structure, city planning and design, zoning, real estate finance, engineering, property/asset management, environmental policy and tenant-landlord housing legal guidelines and laws. AAFE is in search of candidates who’ve worked on actual estate tasks with a variety of scale – having managed smaller tasks (of about 50 models and under) and far bigger tasks in partnership with other builders.
4) Wonderful management, interpersonal expertise and communication expertise, and a capability to build and keep robust, productive relationships with housing improvement businesses, NYC and NYS housing businesses, lenders, investor, elected officers, RE brokers, different RE builders, architects, engineers, common contractors and the power to encourage these key stakeholders to realize high-level providers. AAFE is in search of candidates who have experience managing and collaborating as both lead developer or minority-stake companion – public and private partnerships. Can be referred to as on to participate in key AAFE policy and advocacy actions in help of the organization’s mission and work.
5) Establish and sustain robust rapport and understanding of the communities that AAFE serves and of the tenants who stay in AAFE properties — and have a keen means to manage the sensitivities and wishes of these communities and tenants. Performs a key position as an advocate for responsible, reasonably priced housing improvement and administration.
6) Wonderful problem-solving expertise and approaches his/her work with an entrepreneurial spirit, understanding that actual estate improvement requires “out-of-the-box” considering, as every venture has its personal distinctive objectives, challenges, obstacles and complexities. Has the power to stay grounded and supplies a robust sense of calm within the face of these circumstances and understands how you can create and ship real world options. Employs creativity to break free from established buildings and past practices and tries new approaches to fixing problems.
7) Robust monetary, mathematical and analytical talents and understands and has the capability to supervise complicated challenge improvement underwriting and the creation of funding program-compliant professional formas.
eight) Robust presentation expertise with a monitor report of success in presenting reasonably priced housing and actual property policy and advocacy positions to senior management and numerous stakeholders, and in addition totally different objectives and wishes (resembling : the NYC Council, Borough Presidents, City Planning Fee, Board of Normal and Appeals, group boards, City Halls and numerous Metropolis, State and Federal businesses and officials).
9) Superior organizational expertise with a demonstrated potential to prioritize his/her personal tasks and assignments and in addition encourage and handle others to ship high-quality work on time and within price range. Works successfully on an unbiased foundation , in addition to in a team-oriented, collaborative, and collegial setting. Capable of stability the will for collaboration with the necessity for efficient and efficient enterprise practices.
10) Wonderful writing expertise including the power to craft RFP’s and grants to secure financing from multiple sources: authorities, banks and foundations. Has a monitor document of success in being chosen and for profitable bids for key real property tasks.
11) Means to maximize the effective use of up-to-date know-how.
12) Has knowledgeable and approachable demeanor with a eager capacity to pay attention deeply. Leads by treating others with respect, dignity and openness. Employs a excessive degree of sensitivity, appreciation, and dedication to variety. Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness and has a self-reflective nature to the work he/she performs and the individuals he/she interacts with regularly.
13) Eight or more years of expertise in real estate improvement, urban planning, structure, development, actual estate financing and property administration desired with some of those years as a workforce chief in a dynamic, evolving group. A bachelor’s degree or a graduate diploma in real estate improvement, planning or finance is required.
14) Robust choice for candidates with fluency in a number of languages, together with: Chinese language, Korean and Spanish. Expertise working with minority and immigrant communities and a familiarity with AAFE’s service space neighborhoods: Chinatown, NYC; Sunset Park, Brooklyn and Flushing, Queens is strongly most popular.
AAFE seeks a diverse pool of candidates. Wage is negotiable and might be commensurate together with your degree of experience and expertise. Robust choice will probably be given to applicants who stay or have experience and/or information concerning the neighborhoods AAFE serves: Chinatown and the Lower East Aspect of NYC, Flushing, Queens and Sundown Part, Brooklyn. The Director of Real Estate Development might be based mostly in the AAFE’s headquarters at 2 Allen Road in Chinatown, New York City.
Purposes, which should embrace a cover letter explaining your causes on your interest in this place and joining AAFE, and your wage necessities and/or any candidate referrals, must be sent to the attention of Rosemarie Bruno of Individuals Methods, Inc. at: [email protected]
NO CALLS PLEASE and PRINCIPALS ONLY